[This article is sponsored by workspot.in , India’s leading aggregator of co-working spaces, meeting rooms and shared offices. If you have additional office space and are looking to rent it, please do list it on workspot.in. If you are looking for space for your startup, do visit workspot.in]
A very simple diagram from emarketeer.com is a perfect way to explain what is triggered based e-mail marketing.
1. Welcome E-mail – (eBay.com)
eBay.com has given a holistic view of their website in their welcome message:
- Welcome message ” WE’RE EXCITED YOU JOINED US”.
- Link to shop from popular brands and stores on eBay.com.
- Link to their very popular deal section .
- Link to view eBay collections.
- Option to pay either through Paypal, debit card or credit card.
- Promoting their apps and lastly.
- Link to find details for customer service, live chat and faq’s.
2. E-mail Address Confirmation (wordpress.com)
This automated e-mail from wordpress.com not only helps to confirm the subscribe identity but also helps in controlling spam.Image Source: Digifire Internal Research
3. Order Confirmation (fnp.com)
Ferns n Petals has summarized the order details in a very organized fashion including:
- Product details with images.
- Sender & recipient details.
- Date & time of delivery.
- Banner in the footer of upcoming festival.
- Lastly all the important links like refund, social networking websites, customer support etc.
4. Order Shipping Confirmation (amazon.in)
This information helps in keeping the track of the order placed. Apart from all the other important information amazon.in has also given the link to track the order on the go through Amazon app.Image Source: Digifire Internal Research
5. Order Out For Delivery (amazon.in)
For cod orders it is very important to inform the customer that the order is out of delivery and request them to get the cash ready. If the customer is out he can leave a message with his neighbors , colleague or the guard to accept the order in his absence.Image Source: Digifire Internal Research
6. Feedback E-mail (fabfurnish.com)
Feedback is always good, a simple form with rating from 0 to 10 is one of the best practice to ask for one. A feedback e-mail from fabfurnish.com is simple, to the point, less time consuming and easy.Image Source: Digifire Internal Research
7. Unsubscribe E-mail (woot.com)
Woot.com unsubscribe e-mail is triggered as soon as the someone click on unsubscribe link. Many a times people by mistake click on the unsubacribe link so woot.com has given an option to sign back again.Image Source: Digifire Internal Research
8. Forget Password (quikr.com)
A simple e-mail from Quikr.com with a clear and bold call to action to change password, link in the footer to the help center and an email address for any query.Image Source: Digifire Internal Research
9. Change Of Password Confirmation
Yet another example of simple e-mail from elance.com for password confirmation. They have highlighted the help line number for immediate assistance.Image Source: Digifire Internal Research
10. Re-engagement E-mail (jabong.com)
- Feedback e-mail.
- Loyalty points redemption e-mail.
- Special discount coupon e-mail on festivals like Rakhi, Diwali, Christmas etc.
- Invite For A Special Preview Sale.
All of the above are few examples of re-engagement with the customer and many more can be added to the list.Image Source: Digifire Internal Research
11. Shopping Cart Abandonment (fnp.com)
There can be multiple reason for shopping cart abandonment:
- Tring Tring – phone ringing.
- Ding Dong – door bell.
- Oops no network.
- Oh no current gone .
- Baby woke up (for new mothers) and many others.
I received an e-mail from ferns n petals with the product details, payment link and 10% Off coupon code within couple of minutes after leaving the product in the cart and not paying for it.Image Source: Digifire Internal Research
12. Notify When The Product Is In Stock
An automated e-mail with the product details should be sent, incase the customer has left his e-mail address to inform when the particular product is in stock.
13. Celebrate Your Achievement (intuit.com)
A loyal customer will always celebrate your success. An e-mail from Nikhil Arora (MD, Intuit) announcing acquiring of KDK Software is a great way to let the customer know that we are growing and trying our best to serve you better.Image Source: Digifire Internal Research
14. Birthday’s & Anniversary Wishes (eBay.in)
Never miss a chance to make the customer feel special, wish him on birthday’s and anniversary’s if your data base has the details. Here is very cute cupcake with a candle on it from eBay. They have also added an exclusive 7.5% coupon code to make it more special.Image Source: Digifire Internal Research
15. Ask For Product Reviews (loggly.com)
Suggestions and reviews always helps in better growth. If you want people to really contribute and spare their valuable time make sure the survey do not last more than couple of minutes. Here is a 7 minutes survey form from loggly.com – (cloud-based log management service).Image Source: Digifire Internal Research
16. Welcome Message For Subscribe, Who Login After A Long Time (Twitter.com)
If the customer login in after a long time, a sweet message like ‘welcome back’, ‘nice to see you’, ‘missed you’ etc would make him feel nice. Here is a perfect example, e-mail from Twitter.com in which they are welcoming the subscribe back and is also promoting their mobile app.Image Source: Digifire Internal Research
17. Time Trigger E-mails (loggly.com)
E-mails with the sense of urgency like:
- Your account activation link is about to expire, please click her to activate your account.
- Your free trial will end in 5 days, please pay for uninterrupted service.
- Your account due date is on 11th Oct, please pay to enjoy uninterrupted services. ( e-mail 1 week prior to due date.)
18. Introducing New Service/Product (urbanladder.com)
The purpose of the e-mail is to educate the existing subscribe with the new service or product added to the existing portfolio and keep them engaged. Urbanladder has given a video with step by step instructions how to design a personalized wardrobe using their smart app.Image Source: Digifire Internal Research
19. Supporting A Cause (cry.org)
It really feels good to support a cause, do share the news with your subscribers and give them a chance to contribute to the same.Image Source: Digifire Internal Research
20. Encouragement E-mails (coursera.org)
I took up statistics course on Coursera and really felt good when I received the following e-mail.Image Source: Digifire Internal Research
21. Reminder E-mail (facebook.com)
If there is no activity for quite a long time or a lot of responses are pending, do drop a gentle reminder. I had 39 friends request pending when I received the following e-mail from facebook.Image Source: Digifire Internal Research
22. Updates E-mail (udemy.com)
Do keep the customer updated regarding the new features so that they can benefit from them.Image Source: Digifire Internal Research workspot.in , India’s leading aggregator of co-working spaces, meeting rooms and shared offices. If you have additional office space and are looking to rent it, please do list it on workspot.in. If you are looking for space for your startup, do visit workspot.in]